Got More Questions?
1. How can I get pricing information
Landa is currently sharing pricing and business-related information as part of the sales process. If you would like to meet with a regional sales manager, please contact us.
2. Is Landa a publicly held company?
Landa Digital Printing is a privately held company. Benny Landa, the Chairman, is the majority shareholder in the company (legally known as Landa Corporation). In 2014, the specialty chemicals group ALTANA made a minority investment in Landa Digital Printing for €100 million (~US$135 million). Other units of the Landa Group, including Landa Labs and Landa Ventures are solely owned by Benny Landa..
3. Where can I find further technical details about Landa Nanographic Printing® Presses?
For all technical details, specifications and information about the features of Landa presses, click here
4. How can I become a Landa distributor in my region?
Currently our focus is on direct distribution in regions where we will begin the roll out of our presses. To register your interest in becoming a Landa distributor, please contact us.
5. What are the breakeven points and costs of Nanography® compared to digital and offset?
Landa has developed a very detailed TCO model that is being shared with our customers. According to our current calculations, the breakeven point between offset litho and Nanography® is typically in the range of several thousand B1 (41 in. / 1,050 mm) sheets.
6. Why is your cost-per-page less than alternative digital solutions?
Our low cost-per-page results derive from a combination of the Landa NanoInk®, Nanography® process, and the productivity of our Nanographic Printing® presses.
- Landa NanoInk® images absorb light more efficiently than conventional images and are laminated onto the substrate without penetrating it. That enables Landa NanoInk images to be roughly 500nm thick. Thinner images use less material to produce – which means lower cost.
- The Nanography® process uses water, but unlike water-based inkjet, Nanography does not require expensive special papers or special coatings. Unlike other digital processes such as Electrophotography, it prints on any ordinary paper without priming or pre-treatment.
- The Landa S10 Nanographic Printing® Presses are up to five times more productive than other digital presses since they print large format, B1 sheets (41 in. / 1,050 mm) at 13,000 SPH while other digital presses use B2 sheets (29 in. / 736 mm) or smaller and print at a much slower speed.
7. Are you working with other solution partners to create end-to-end workflows?
Yes, we are collaborating with EFI, the print industry’s leading workflow vendor, to develop the Landa DFE. The Landa DFE is an integral part of the Landa press and is based on EFI Fiery® technology with significant custom development to handle the vast amounts of data generated by Landa presses. The Landa DFE will provide Landa customers with an end-to-end solution that naturally fits into their printing operations, whether full offset or digital or hybrid offset/digital.
8. What is your go to market/sales and service strategy?
Landa will handle service for Landa-branded presses and partners will service their own versions of the Nanographic Printing presses. Landa’s customer beta sites will be supported with comprehensive on-site and remote technical support. As for our go-to-market strategy, Landa will have a worldwide presence comprised of direct sales in certain territories and distributor sales in others.
9. How do you plan to service and support the presses?
Landa support staff will accompany each Nanographic Printing® press during the installation and customer training period. Afterwards, the press will be supported either by local Landa service personnel or by Landa’s 24x7 remote support center.
10. Is Landa hiring?
Landa Digital Printing is currently ramping up to roll out its products worldwide, and is hiring to support this development. To view job opportunities, please see the Landa Digital Printing Careers Page. To view job opportunities at Landa Labs, please see the Landa Labs Careers Page.